The Australian Muscle Car Masters (MCM) on October 28-29 is a celebration of our country’s Muscle Car heritage and a tribute to the drivers that raced. And this year promises to be bigger and better than ever, with a huge line-up of features, muscle, and fun!
Off-track attractions include ‘meet and greet’ sessions with legend race drivers, a mega show n’ shine (what we call the Pit Straight Car Club Corral) for road registered muscle cars and merchandise alley. Our 2017 Feature attractions include:
– Recreation of the Ron Hodgson Toranas on a fully loaded Transporter, immortalised at Bathurst 1973 with the original car, and both Bob Morris and John Leffler on site!
– Gil Tucker, the TV Star of Cop Shop, plus Mad Max 1 and the face of Torana Hatchback from the 70’s. Gil will be joined by a collective of old and newer NSW Highway Patrol Cars!
– A Collection of Bo Seton racecars, plus an on track tribute including his son Glenn and Grandson Aaron (Sunday only)
– A selection of GTR XU-1 road car Toranas celebrating this year’s Torana-only race, with special guest Don Holland to present Awards to placegetters.
– John Goss to unveil his 1976 Bathurst Concept Car surrounded by a collective of Falcon Coupes.
– Significant cars from the 1979 Repco Reliability on display, along with HDT Team Members.
– Ray Kaleda Static Display and on track Parade (Sunday only).
– Australian Beach and Outback Display with Palm Trees, Surfboards and, of course, Panelvans!
– Tickford / Prodrive Transporter with the new ’77 Moffat Ford Dealer-inspired Mustang on display.
And more to be confirmed!
Six categories are now confirmed for the Masters weekend/ The full line-up is:
– Heritage Touring Cars (Group C/A)
– Historic Touring Cars to 1964 (Group Nb)
– Historic Touring Cars 1965-72 (Group Nc)
– Sports Sedans (National level)
– Kumho V8 Touring Cars (superseded V8 Supercars)
– Production Touring Cars
– Historic Touring Cars of NSW Torana Challenge, celebrating 45 years of Bathurst
– Master Blasts demos featuring 30 of the countries historic and significant races from the last 50 years
Other track sessions will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
Every year we dip our lids to a handful of muscle car milestones – the big events and most famous models that shaped our
country’s legendary heritage of homegrown high
performance. This year we celebrate:
– 50th anniversary of XR Falcon GT
– 45th anniversary of Brock’s 1972 XU-1 win
– 40th anniversary of the Torana A9X
– 40th anniversary of Ford’s 1977 1-2
– 30th anniversary of Bathurst’s 1987 WTCC round and the hard-fought ’87 ATCC.
Spectators are admitted free of charge to the competitors paddock and undercover grandstand, and kids 15 and under are FREE!
Buy your tickets today!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.