OFFICIAL RELEASE: MCM is a race down memory lane for those that grew up spending the October long weekend viewing the Great Race on TV or spectating trackside on Mount Panorama.
As a return to the gutsy glory days of Bathurst, the MCM is a horsepower heaven for motorsport fans.
Six categories are now confirmed for Masters weekend, October 28-29. The full line-up is:
– Heritage Touring Cars (Group C/A)
– Historic Touring Cars to 1964 (Group Nb)
– Historic Touring Cars 1965-72 (Group Nc)
– Sports Sedans (National level)
– Kumho V8 Touring Cars (superseded V8 Supercars)
– PLUS Master Blasts demos (for historically significant racecars)
Other track sessions will be confirmed in the coming months.
Every year we dip our lids to a handful of muscle car milestones – the big events and most famous models that shaped our country’s legendary heritage of homegrown high performance. This year we celebrate:
– 50th anniversary of XR Falcon GT
– 45th anniversary of Brock’s 1972 XU-1 win
– 40th anniversary of the Torana A9X
– 40th anniversary of Ford’s 1977 1-2
– 30th anniversary of Bathurst’s 1987 WTCC round and the hard-fought ’87 ATCC.
Off-track attractions include ‘meet and greet’ sessions with legend race drivers, a mega show n’ shine (what we call the Pit Straight Car Club Corral) for road registered muscle cars and merchandise alley.
Unlike other motorsport events, fans can get up close to the machinery and chat with the drivers and their mechanics. Spectators are admitted free of charge to the competitors paddock and undercover grandstand, and kids 12 and under are FREE!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.